I give Sookie the boot and everybody’s pissed off. I’ll admit it. I was amused, but then I already know what’s going to happen. Most of you were quick to throw Eric under the bus, so I feel the need to defend my fanged honey by reminding you:
1. Eric doesn’t realize how much of a douchebag he sounds like at first when telling Sookie to leave and not come back. His thoughts directly after that statement reflect that when he thinks he can just call her once he knows he can control himself around her.
2. Eric is a brand spanking new vampire. The very first one. He’s his own maker. There’s no one to guide him. No idea of what he’s doing or how he’s going to react in any situation. He knows he’s craving her blood. He knows he’s fighting off the urge to bite her. He doesn’t know if he’d be able to stop himself from killing her.
3. We all see Victor as a threat. They do not. They see him as an asshole and a thief, respectively (not that they’ve shared that information with each other yet), but still. To them he’s harmless.
4. A highhanded Eric should not be something new to anyone. This one is nearly as clueless as canon Eric when it comes to relationships. Sookie is his first and he wants to protect her. But this time he wants to protect her from himself. He knows he’s hurt her, but he also knows how stubborn she is and knows she wouldn’t leave if he told her the truth. He thinks he’s doing what’s best for her because he loves her.
5. The Skarsicorn in the top right hand corner of this webpage should really say it all when it comes to the crap I churn out. Rainbows for everyone!
But if you prefer your explanations in picture form, I give you this:
Mixed in with a fair amount of this.
(But feeling her emotions so strongly only reminded me I was a maybe monster and I didn’t want her anywhere near me until I knew what that meant. Until I knew I could control myself around her.
Because if I accidentally hurt her, it would kill me.)
But worry not…
There. All better? 🙂
Now this next chapter took me a little longer because I wrote two versions of it. I’m going with the less emo version, so now what you’re stuck with is more plot! No porn! Less angst! And as always, zero calories!